Toasted pecans give these cream pralines a distinct pecan flavor. Make these pralines to give as gifts, for holiday parties, or take them to the office.
- 3 cups chopped pecans
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toast pecans: Heat oven to 350 degrees.Spread chopped pecans out on a large baking sheet. Bake for about 5 minutes, or until the chopped pecans are lightly browned and aromatic.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, cream, milk, butter, and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, to 230 degrees.
- Lower heat slightly if the mixture threatens to boil over. Add the toasted pecans and continue cooking, stirring constantly, to 236° F.
- The mixture should form a soft ball when a little is dropped in cold water. Remove from the heat and add vanilla; let stand for about 5 minutes. Stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture is thickened and slightly creamy, about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Using a tablespoon or small cookie scoop, spoon the pralines onto a sheet of parchment paper or waxed paper. If the mixture becomes grainy, heat and stir over medium heat for a few seconds, or until it can be easily scooped and dropped.
More Candy Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||36 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||16 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|