This is a creamy sauce made with sweet red bell peppers, serve with grilled chicken or pork or fish.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 2 large sweet red peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add garlic and onion; sauté until tender.
- Add diced red peppers, tomato paste, and thyme.
- Cook mixture for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add white wine and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth; bring to a boil. Boil until sauce is reduced by almost half.
- Add heavy cream; simmer until reduced again by about half.
- Remove from heat; pour into blender container. Pureé until smooth.
- Season with salt, to taste, and put through a sieve to strain, if desired.
- Serve with grilled chicken, fish, or pork.
More Sauce Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|