This creamy salad dressing is a delicious blend of sour cream with vinegar and seasonings. Feel free to add some fresh chopped chives, a little dill weed or basil for extra color and flavor.
This is a simple dressing, but a nice one for a basic tossed salad or a heartier salad with beef or chicken. You could also try it with a simple chicken or steak salad.
The recipe makes about 1/2 cup of salad dressing and is easily doubled or tripled.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Whisk together the salt, pepper, paprika, sugar, garlic powder, oil and vinegar until sugar is dissolved.
- Add sour cream and whisk the mixture briskly to combine. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Makes about 1/2 cup of dressing.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|