This simple salmon soup is made with canned salmon and a little onion.
- 1 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 slice of onion
- 1 can (16 ounces) salmon
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Ggarnish: parsley (chopped)
- Melt butter over medium-low heat in a 2-quart saucepan; stir in flour.
- In a separate saucepan, scald milk with 1 slice of onion; remove onion from milk.
- Gradually add milk to butter-flour mixture, stirring constantly over low heat.
- Continue cooking and stirring until milk mixture has thickened.
- Pick over salmon, removing bones, then add salmon and liquid to thickened milk mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with a garnish of chopped parsley.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)