This easy rice pudding recipe is so simple to prepare, kids can do it all by themselves. The combination of vanilla and cinnamon give this creamy rice pudding recipe a warm and homey flavor. Using a slow cooker means that you can add all the ingredients, turn it on and walk away, and then come home hours later to a creamy, comforting dessert.
Rice pudding is made from rice, water or milk, and other ingredients like cinnamon or raisins. It's a traditional dessert that can be found nearly all over the world. The recipes vary slightly depending on the region. Depending on the preparation (boiled or baked) and ingredients (different spices, toppings, and sweeteners), each rice pudding can have its own distinct taste. You can make it as flavorful and spicy as you want, and see below for some topping ideas.
- ¾3/4cup long grain rice
- 3 cups milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼1/4teaspoon kosher salt
- Spray the slow cooker stoneware with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker. Cook on high 2-3 hours or low 4-5 hours (follow the directions for your slow cooker, as they may vary depending on the model)
- Serve warm and add toppings if desired.
- Dust on some cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger or cardamom
- Add chopped nuts (pistachios, almonds, cashews, walnuts)
- Top with dried fruit (raisins, dried apricots, cranberries)
- Drizzle on some honey or sweetened condensed milk
- Sprinkle a little bit of brown sugar
- Shave milk or dark chocolate on top
- Arrange some fruit on top (bananas, berries, mangoes, coconut flakes, lemon zest)
You could also try making rice pudding with different kinds of milk, such as almond, soy, or coconut. Not only does it give the rice a new flavor (coconut milk would be delicious), it can be allergy friendly.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|