This risotto is a fabulous savory combination of sweet potatoes, pecans, and Parmesan cheese, and you'll make this dish again and again. Serve the risotto as a side dish or serve as a main dish or lunch with a chopped salad and crusty bread.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut in small dice, about 8 ounces or 2 cups
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 to 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup Arborio rice (about 6 to 7 ounces)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion tops or fresh parsley
- Heat 3 cups of vegetable broth to the boiling point; reduce heat to the lowest setting to keep hot.
- In a medium saucepan melt butter; add minced shallot and pecans; cook until shallot is tender. Add rice and cook, stirring, until well blended. Stir in sweet potato. Stir about 3/4 cup of the hot broth into the rice mixture. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until liquid is absorbed.
- Continue adding liquid, about 1/4 to 1/3 cup at a time, stirring frequently, until the rice and sweet potato are tender, but not overly soft. The texture should be creamy a little loose. This will take about 25 minutes and about 2 to 3 cups of broth.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and green onion or parsley, then taste and add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|