- 1/4 cup butter (or margarine)
- 1 tablespoon flour (all-purpose)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon tarragon (dried)
- 1 teaspoon chervil (dried)
- 1 teaspoon basil (dried)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (ground)
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until flour is brown. Gradually add milk; stir until flour mixture dissolves. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
- Stir in sour cream, tarragon, chervil, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Give with instructions for serving.
- To serve, transfer sauce to a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve warm with meat.
Recipe Source: by Leisure Arts (Leisure Arts)
Reprinted with permission.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|