This crepes Suzette recipe is the same variation used in upscale restaurants today. A simple mix of butter, sugar and Grand Marnier are flambéed into a delicious syrup, which is then used to flavor a fresh, warm crepe. Crepes Suzette are traditionally served as a decadent dessert but can be added to a brunch menu as a gorgeous showstopper.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup less 1 tablespoon water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For the Orange Syrup:
- 16 tablespoons butter (2 sticks), divided
- 4 tablespoons sugar (granulated), divided
- 4 ounces Grand Marnier, divided
- 1 container of vanilla ice cream
How to make crepes Suzette:
- Whisk all the ingredients vigorously until the crepe batter is completely smooth; allow the batter to rest in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes before making the crepes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a crepe pan or large skillet over low-medium heat.
- Add 3 tablespoons of batter to the pan and swirl until the bottom of the pan is covered with batter.
- Cook the crepe for 1 minute, or until the crepe is slightly moist on top and golden underneath.
- Loosen the edges of the crepe, slide the spatula under it, and then gently flip it upside down into the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute and transfer the cooked crepe to a plate to keep warm. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, melt half of the butter until it foams.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and sprinkle the half the sugar over the melted butter.
- Add half the Grand Marnier, handling the skillet carefully because of the flame, and then add the crepes to the pan to coat both sides in the orange syrup.
- Fold the crepes into quarters or roll them into cylinders.
- Melt the remaining butter in the skillet, remove it from the heat, and then add the sugar and Grand Marnier to make more orange syrup.
- Place a scoop of ice cream next to each crepe and drizzle the crepe Suzette with the orange syrup.
This crepes Suzette recipe makes 6 to 8 servings.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Saturated Fat||19 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|