We've found the perfect side dish from famous New York restaurant Balthazar. Try these easy baked gold potatoes with garlic from the well-known SoHo eatery. This versatile dish can be paired with menu favorite duck confit for dinner or can simply be served with savory breakfast favorites like eggs and sausage.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Dash of salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds small Yukon Gold potatoes (halved)
- 6 medium garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley (finely chopped)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. Brush a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon of the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Arrange the gold potatoes on the baking sheet, cut-side down, and bake for 45 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Transfer the potatoes to a bowl.
4. Heat the remaining 3 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet.
5. Add the garlic and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until crisp and lightly browned; do not let the garlic get too brown or it will be bitter.
6. Pour the garlic and oil over the potatoes, add the parsley and toss.
7. Season with salt and pepper and serve at once.
Recipe Source: Chef Sascha Lyon, Balthazar's (restaurant), New York City, New York, USA
Reprinted with permission.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|