Corn flake crumbs make a crispy coating on these easy baked fish fillets. The fish is flavored with butter, lemon juice, and seasonings.
Use haddock, cod, pollock, tilapia, or your favorite fish. If the fillets are very thin, adjust the time accordingly. Make the quick tartar sauce to go with the fish fillets or make a homemade remoulade sauce.
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon dill weed (dried)
- 2 cups corn flakes (crushed)
- Optional: Quick Tartar Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle or capers (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, or to taste
Heat the oven to 350 F.
Grease a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
If fish fillets are large, cut into serving-size portions.
Combine butter and lemon juice in a bowl; set aside.
In a small bowl or cup, mix salt, pepper, and (if using) dill.
Put the cornflake crumbs in a wide, shallow bowl.
Dip each piece of fish in butter and lemon mixture.
Sprinkle salt and dill mixture over each side of fish.
Coat with the corn flake crumbs.
Place the fillets in the prepared pan and bake until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish fillets.
Quick Tartar Sauce
In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chopped pickle or capers, and mustard. Stir to blend. Taste and adjust seasonings.