Crispy Hash Browns Recipe
This simple recipe for hash browns is made from shredded potatoes that are cooked in hot butter and oil until crispy. They can be prepared on a griddle or a skillet.
- 2 lbs Russet potatoes, boiled, cooled and peeled
- 2 oz. Oil or clarified butter (or a mixture of the two)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Use the grater attachment of a food processor or a hand grater to shred the cooked potatoes.
- Heat your griddle or skillet over high heat and add the oil and/or clarified butter.
- Add the shredded potatoes and flatten them against the griddle or skillet.
- When the potatoes are browned on the bottom (about 10 minutes, but don't let them burn), flip them over and brown the other side until very crispy. Season the hash browns with salt and pepper and serve.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|