Cod Fish RecipeThis cod fish recipe is one of my kids' favorites. Cod is a mild fish, and it tends to take on the flavors of whatever it is paired with. In this cod fish recipe, the lemon butter sauce adds richness and pizazz.
Serve this crispy lemon cod fish with fried corn and apple pecan coleslaw.
Don't Miss: Fish Recipes for Kids
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups Panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1-1/2 lbs. cod fish fillets
- Dash kosher salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- For Lemon Butter Sauce:
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
- Beat egg whites. Spread out Panko in a thin layer in a shallow dish.
- Dip cod first in the egg whites, then in the Panko, pressing lightly to help the bread crumbs adhere. Season with salt and pepper.
- Saute in the butter-olive oil mixture until golden, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook on the other side until cooked through -- fish will be opaque and flake easily with a fork.
- To make the lemon butter sauce: Heat lemon juice and vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, until the mixture is reduced by half, about 6 minutes. Stir in butter and salt.
- Drizzle lightly over crispy cod fish fillets.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|