|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 14g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||14%|
|Total Carbohydrate 64g||23%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||26%|
|Total Sugars 10g|
|Vitamin C 138mg||688%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Gnocchi pasta, whether store-bought or homemade, makes a fabulous dinner any night of the week and this sheet pan recipe is a great example of its versatility. Bell peppers, shallots, and tomatoes add color to the dish, while a variety of seasonings and a finishing touch of freshly grated Parmesan cheese make it a complete meal. Feel free to add seasonal vegetables to the sheet pan such as fresh asparagus, sugar snap peas, and young green beans. If you're in the mood for a boost of protein, bulk this sheet pan out with ground meat, tofu, or chickpeas.
1 pound gnocchi (fresh store-bought or homemade)
3 medium shallots
12 mini bell peppers (seeds removed, sliced lengthwise)
1 pint grape tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes, about 1 pound)
4 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons chopped basil (or parsley)
Gather the ingredients.
Heat the oven to 425 F and line a large rimmed baking sheet or two small baking sheets with parchment paper or foil. If using foil, spray or brush it with cooking oil.
In a large bowl, combine the gnocchi, shallots, bell peppers, tomatoes, and garlic. Toss the gnocchi and vegetables with oregano, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle olive oil over the mixture and toss again.
Spread the gnocchi and vegetables onto the prepared baking sheet(s) and bake for 20 to 24 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to brown and the gnocchi are crispy.
Serve the gnocchi garnished Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley or basil.
How do you pronounce "gnocchi?"
- The correct Italian pronunciation of gnocchi is "nyoh-key" or "nyaw-kee." In the US, it is often pronounced simply "noh-kee."
What is gnocchi?
- Gnocchi is a type of small, thick pasta made with a soft dough. The basic gnocchi dough typically contains flour, salt, cooked potato, and there are many variations on the basic dough. The pasta may be made with sweet potato, squash, cheese, or cauliflower.
- To shape the gnocchi, the dough mixture is rolled into ropes and cut into bite-size pieces. For the ridges, each piece is rolled over a specialized textured board or the tines of a fork.
What's the difference between cherry tomatoes and grape tomatoes?
- Cherry tomatoes and grape tomatoes are similar in size and nutrients, but they differ in shape and flavor.
- Cherry tomatoes are round, juicy, and very sweet.
- Grape tomatoes are oblong in shape and meatier with a bit of crunch.
- Grape tomatoes are also sweet, but with more balance between sweetness and acidity.
- Add fresh Italian sausages to the sheet pan for a hearty dinner.
- Replace the oregano with an Italian herb blend.
- Instead of mini peppers, use 2 to 3 multi colored bell peppers, cut into strips.