These easy barbecue beef sandwiches are made with a tender chuck roast slow cooked to perfection. A combination of ketchup, mustard, vinegar, and brown sugar make a fabulous homemade barbecue sauce for the beef. If you're short on time or ingredients, use a commercial barbecue sauce.
Pile the shredded beef onto toasted slider buns or full-size sandwich buns, and serve them with extra barbecue sauce.
- Place the beef roast in the crockery insert of the slow cooker. If the roast is quite large, cut it in half or into quarters.
- In a bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir to blend thoroughly and then pour over the roast.
- Cover the pot and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove the roast and shred the beef, discarding excess fat. Return the beef to the slow cooker and stir to coat well with the sauce.
- Spoon the shredded barbecue beef over toasted sandwich buns and serve with your favorite barbecue sauce, if desired.
- Serves 6 to 8.
- Eliminate the sauce ingredients and use 2 cups of purchased barbecue sauce. Reserve some sauce for serving.
- Add 1 sliced onion to the slow cooker before adding the roast.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|