Beans and hot dogs make a tasty and budget-friendly meal, and the slow cooker makes them extra-easy. Use hot dogs, little smokies, or cocktail wieners in this great tasting everyday meal, and serve the dish with buttermilk biscuits or freshly baked yeast rolls.
- 1 (28-ounce) large can pork and beans
- 1 (15-ounce) can Great Northern beans (drained, rinsed)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans (drained, rinsed)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 green or red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or molasses)
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 package hot dogs (12 to 16 ounces or use cocktail wieners or little smokies)
Combine all ingredients except hot dogs in a 4 to 6-quart slow cooker.
Cut hot dogs into 1- to 2-inch lengths and stir into the bean mixture.
Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.