|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 to 8 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||46%|
|Total Carbohydrate 20g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||9%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This easy slow cooker beef stroganoff is made with round steak and sour cream, along with mushrooms and other seasonings.
I made this recipe (pictured) with ground round steak, and it was wonderful with noodles and steamed broccoli on the side. See the variations below for that version.
- 3 pounds beef round steak (1/2 inch thick)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (for dredging the beef)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 medium onions (halved and thinly sliced)
- 2 (4 ounces each) cans mushrooms (sliced and drained) or 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) beef broth (condensed)
- Optional: 2 to 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Garnish: fresh chopped parsley
Trim all excess fat from steak and cut into-3 inch strips about 1/2-inch wide.
Combine 1/2 cup flour, the salt, pepper and dry mustard.
Toss with steak strips to coat thoroughly.
Place coated steak strips in the Crock Pot and stir in onions and mushrooms.
Add beef broth and wine; stir to blend.
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or until the beef is tender.
In a small bowl combine the sour cream and flour. Mix until smooth.
Just before serving, stir the sour cream mixture into the beef. Continue cooking on low just until heated through and thickened.
Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
- Slow Cooker Ground Beef Stroganoff - Brown 3 pounds of lean ground beef in 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, breaking the beef up into small chunks. Add 1/4 cup of flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and mix well to blend. Transfer to the slow cooker and continue with the recipe, adding the onions, mushrooms, broth, and wine. Omit the extra flour in the sour cream; stir in sour cream just before serving.
You Might Also Like