This slow cooker chicken and dried beef dish is a popular recipe. Bacon adds to the flavor, along with the tasty sour cream sauce. If you can only find 5-ounce jars of dried beef, use all of it or save half for sandwiches or creamed chipped beef.
The dried beef is layered with bacon-wrapped chicken and an easy condensed soup and sour cream sauce mixture. Partially cook the bacon before wrapping the chicken, or use convenient precooked bacon strips.
This dish is also known as "chicken Las Vegas." It's delicious with potatoes or rice.
- 1 jar dried beef, about 2 1/2 ounces, rinsed
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves, skin removed
- 6 slices bacon, partially cooked, if desired
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dry white wine, optional
Grease the slow cooker crockery insert or spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
Arrange the dried beef over the bottom of the slow cooker.
Wrap each piece of chicken with a strip of bacon and place the chicken breasts on top of the dried beef.
In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and flour, whisking to blend. Add the condensed soup and wine, if using. Stir until well blended and then pour the sauce over the chicken.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve with hot cooked rice and salad or potatoes and a green vegetable.
- If you want to cut calories, feel free to omit the sour cream and flour. To thicken the sauce mixture, make a paste with 2 tablespoons of cold water and 2 tablespoons of flour.