This chicken and corn chowder dish is quick and easy to prepare, and the slow cooker makes it extra convenient. Chowder is an excellent choice for an everyday meal or weekend lunch, and this recipe is easily doubled for a larger family meal so that everyone can have seconds.
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of potato soup
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup diced chicken or about 2 cans (4 to 6 ounces each) chunk chicken
- 1 can (12 to 15 ounces) whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1/4 cup diced raw or roasted red bell pepper
- 1 can chopped mild green chile
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 1 cup milk
Combine the cream soups, chicken broth, chicken, corn, bell pepper, chile, salt, pepper, and thyme in a 4- to 6-quart crockpot.
Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
Add milk and cook for about 30 minutes longer, or until hot.