The slow cooker makes this easy chicken and corn chowder a snap to prepare and cook. It makes a perfect and easy meal for any season but is definitely a great, warm comfort food for the winter.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders (cut into 1/2-inch cubes)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 ribs celery (sliced)
- 2 small carrots (sliced)
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 2 cans (approx. 10 1/2 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup Half and half or evaporated milk
In a large skillet, melt the butter or margarine; brown chicken. Transfer chicken to slow cooker.
Add onions and celery to skillet and sauté for about 3 to 4 minutes, until just tender.
Transfer the onions and celery to crockpot, along with carrots, corn kernels, soup, chicken broth, and dill or parsley.
Cover and cook on low 5 to 6 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender.
During the last 10 minutes, stir in the half and half or evaporated milk. Continue cooking until hot.