|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This easy crockpot chicken noodle soup is a snap to prepare with chicken, onions, carrots, celery, and noodles, and it is one of our most popular slow cooker soup recipes.
For an even easier chicken noodle soup, take a look at this creamy semi-homemade version. It's cooked in the slow cooker as well. It includes condensed soups and leftover chicken or diced rotisserie chicken.
- 3 pounds chicken pieces
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth (low-sodium or unsalted)
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste, depending on saltiness of the chicken broth)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 medium carrot (chopped)
- 2 ribs celery (chopped)
- 1/4 cup parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 to 6 ounces medium egg noodles (2 to 3 cups)
Gather the ingredients.
Place all ingredients except noodles in the Crock Pot.
Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
Remove chicken and bay leaf from pot; take meat from bones, dice, and return to broth.
Add the noodles and cook another 45 minutes to 1 hour or until noodles are done (about 20 to 30 minutes on high).
Alternatively, you may cook the noodles separately and add them just before serving. This way, you can be sure they are perfectly cooked to suit your taste.
Serve in bowl, garnished with some additional parsley, and enjoy!
- Depending on the type of noodles you use, they could become soggy. To avoid soggy noodles, cook them separately until just tender. Drain them and then add them to the soup just before serving.
- Add 1 clove of fresh pressed garlic with the vegetables or add about 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Instead of basil, use dried leaf marjoram or thyme as the herb seasoning, or add an herb blend to the soup, e.g., Mrs. Dash or Spike.