Chicken breasts are briefly browned then it is cooked with a simple spaghetti sauce. The chicken is finished in the oven with a topping of Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 to 8 boneless chicken breast halves
- salt, pepper and Italian seasoning
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- garlic (clove or powder)
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese shredded
- Garnish: Parmesan cheese
- 12 oz. uncooked pasta, rice or noodles
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown chicken with a sprinkling of salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Mix spaghetti sauce, bay leaf and garlic in crockpot. Put chicken in the sauce and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Remove chicken and sauce to casserole dish. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Heat in 350 degree F oven until bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- Serve chicken with sauce over cooked pasta, spaghetti squash, or rice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||59 g|
|Saturated Fat||16 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||24 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|