This unique crock pot beef chowder is made with beef broth, ground beef, and cream-style corn. Top each serving of this tasty chowder with shredded cheese and serve with crusty bread.
If you prefer a dairy-free chowder, omit the cheese and garnish bowls with chopped green onions, parsley, or cooked crumbled bacon.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 3 cups potatoes (diced)
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) beef broth (condensed)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil (crushed)
- Dash of pepper
- Garnish: shredded cheddar cheese or a cheddar jack blend
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef with the onion until the beef is no longer pink. Drain thoroughly.
- Transfer the beef and onions to the slow cooker. Add the diced potatoes, corn, beef broth, water, salt, basil, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours.
- Top each serving with a few tablespoons of shredded cheese.
Serves 6 to 8.
Shared by Marla H.
- Before you cook the ground beef, dice 4 to 6 strips of bacon and cook in a large skillet over medium heat until not quite crisp. Drain well and add to the slow cooker. Wipe the skillet out before you cook the ground beef and onions.
- Garnish with thinly sliced green onions or chopped fresh parsley.
- Add diced carrots or diced pimiento to the chowder for extra color and flavor.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|