Green bean casserole was always a Thanksgiving staple at my house growing up. If you're running out of oven space when planning your Thanksgiving meal, or, just want a few dishes that will be easy to prepare (leaving you more time to focus on all those Thanksgiving desserts, perhaps!), then try this super easy crockpot green bean casserole which you can make ahead of time in your slow cooker.
This easy crock pot green bean casserole recipe uses canned soup and frozen green beans, so it's ready to cook in your crock pot or slow cooker in just a few minutes. It's not a fancy recipe, but it does have all the essential classic all-American green bean casserole ingredients: green beans, mushroom soup, and French fried onions.
Note that mushroom soup is usually not vegan, so although this recipe is vegetarian, it is not vegan, but, you can also try making your own homemade vegan cream of mushroom soup to use in this recipe if you need it to be completely dairy-free.
See also: More Thanksgiving side dish recipes
Looking for more ideas? Scroll down for a few more variations on traditional green bean casserole recipes to try - all vegetarian, of course!
- 2 10-ounce bags frozen cut green beans
- 1 14.8-ounce can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/3 cup milk or soy milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 2.8-ounce can French-fried onions
- First, mix together the green beans, cream of mushroom soup and the milk or soy milk in your crock pot or slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and half of the French-fried onions.
- Cover and cook on your crock pot's low setting for 5 to 6 hours.
- Top with the remaining French-fried onions just before serving.
More vegetarian green bean casserole recipes to try:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|