This easy slow cooker hash brown dinner takes just minutes to assemble, and it's an excellent choice for a busy day. Just set the slow cooker and you're free for the rest of the day.
Browned ground beef is seasoned and layered with cream-style corn, hash brown potatoes, and a condensed soup topping. I used refrigerated hash brown potatoes but thawed frozen hash browns may be used.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef, such as chuck or round (85% to 90%)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 envelope (.87 ounce) brown gravy
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (16 to 20 oz) frozen hash browns, slightly thawed, or refrigerated hash browns
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery, mushroom, or chicken soup
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef and onions; cook, stirring, until the beef is no longer pink and the onions are slightly tender.
- Spoon the browned ground beef and onions into the bottom of a slow cooker (at least 4-quart size). Add the gravy mix and toss.
- Pour cream-style corn over the ground beef mixture and top with half of the shredded cheese.
- Top with hash browns; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with the remaining shredded cheese.
- In a bowl mix the soup with evaporated milk; taste and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the soup mixture evenly over the hash browns and cheese. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or on high for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||97 g|
|Saturated Fat||44 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||35 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|