This easy spaghetti sauce is a crockpot sauce, made with ground beef, Italian sausage, diced tomatoes, and chopped vegetables, along with other ingredients.
Serve this delicious sauce mixture with spaghetti or linguine. Or serve it with spaghetti squash or spiralized summer squash or zucchini.
Make a double batch and put the remaining sauce in an airtight container (or several single-serve containers). Store it in the freezer for as long as four to six months.
- 8 ounces Italian sausage (mild or hot)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes (with juice)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried leaf basil
- dash ground red pepper or red pepper flakes, if desired
- Remove the sausage from casings; brown in a heavy skillet over medium heat along with the ground beef. Break up sausage and ground beef while browning; drain well.
- Add the drained sausage and beef to the slow cooker along with all remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- This sauce can be frozen.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|