|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||42%|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||2%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a basic, great-tasting meatloaf from Myron, cooked in the slow cooker. This meatloaf uses only 6 ingredients, so it's easy to prepare and fuss-free to cook in the crock pot.
Myron's ingredient amounts are not specific. I add about 1/4 cup of ketchup to the meat mixture and spread about 1/4 cup over the top.
When I cook a meatloaf in the slow cooker, I add a rack or fashion one with some foil. And if your crock pot is round, foil "handles" are very convenient. See below the recipe for foil handle instructions.
Myron mentions a few variations below the recipe.
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 slices bread, in small cubes
- milk, about 1/4 cup
- 2 pounds of lean ground beef, 85% or leaner
- ketchup (about 1/2 cup), divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs — add bread cubes. Add the milk and blend well.
- Add the ground beef, about 1/4 cup of ketchup, chopped onion, salt, and pepper. Mix well with your hands.
- See below for how to make foil handles. Place the beef mixture in a slow cooker or Crock Pot. Shape to fit and flatten the top.
- Pour ketchup on top (enough to cover completely).
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 9 hours.
Myron's Notes: I've also used crushed crackers instead of bread, and salsa instead of the ketchup. With only 1 lb. of meat, you'll probably want to use just one egg.
How to Make Foil "Handles"
Take two sheets of foil, about 24 inches in length. Fold them a few times to make long wide strips. Place them in the slow cooker at right angles to each other, letting the ends hang over the edge of the slow cooker. Place the meatloaf in the center and fold the long ends over it. Cover and cook as directed. After cooking, you can lift the meatloaf out with the ends of the foil.
You Might Also Like