Dump cakes have long been a favorite dessert because of their easy preparation and delicious, cobbler-like results. This version is cooked in the slow cooker, freeing the oven up for other dishes. All you need is a small box of cake mix, a bag of frozen peaches—or fresh sliced—and some basic pantry ingredients. Just throw it all together in the slow crock pot and get ready to enjoy a tasty, effortless dessert.
The recipe calls for a white cake mix, but feel free to use a yellow cake, butter, or butter pecan. Double the recipe for a larger amount.
A one-layer cake mix or half of a 2-layer cake mix—about 2 cups—makes this slow cooker dump cake a snap to prepare.
- 1 bag frozen peaches (2 cups sliced peaches)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Jiffy white cake mix (or 1/2 package of a 2-layer size cake mix)
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Lightly grease the crock pot; place peaches in the bottom. Sprinkle with cornstarch; toss.
- Drizzle with vanilla and sprinkle brown sugar over all.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon then the cake mix.
- Drizzle melted butter evenly over cake mix.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 to 4 1/2 hours.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||13 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|