|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: About 2 Quarts (serves 10)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 13g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||35%|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This easy dip is a party favorite, and it is super easy to fix in the slow cooker. The browned ground beef is mixed with melted cheese and tomatoes with green chiles (Ro-Tel) or chunky salsa.
Click Play to See This Recipe Come Together
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 pounds Velveeta cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes with green chiles (or a favorite salsa)
- 1/4 cup onion (finely chopped)
- Optional: 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chile peppers (mild)
- Optional: 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms (drained)
Gather the ingredients.
Melt Velveeta cheese with the tomatoes in slow cooker on HIGH.
Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a skillet or saute pan over medium heat with the chopped onion and the mushrooms and chile peppers, if using.
Drain off excess grease. Add the meat mixture to the slow cooker cheese mixture and cook on HIGH for about 30 minutes.
Turn to LOW and serve the dip from the slow cooker with tortilla chips or crackers.
- For vegetarians, omit the ground beef or use substitute vegetarian crumbles or drained pinto chili beans.