|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
This easy dip is a party favorite, and it is super easy to fix in the slow cooker. The browned ground beef is mixed with melted cheese and tomatoes with green chiles (Ro-Tel) or chunky salsa.
For vegetarians, omit the ground beef or use substitute vegetarian crumbles or drained pinto chili beans.
- 1 pound ground beef (lean)
- 1 1/2 pounds Kraft Velveeta cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) can tomatoes with green chiles (or a favorite salsa)
- 1/4 cup onion (finely chopped)
- Optional: 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chile peppers (mild)
- Optional: 1 (4-ounce) can sliced mushrooms (drained)
Melt Velveeta cheese with the tomatoes in slow cooker on HIGH.
Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a skillet or saute pan over medium heat with the chopped onion and the mushrooms and chile peppers, if using.
Drain off excess grease. Add the meat mixture to the slow cooker cheese mixture and cook on HIGH for about 30 minutes.
Turn to LOW and serve the dip from the slow cooker with tortilla chips or crackers.