The combination of vinegar, spices, and gingersnaps make this a very flavorful pot roast.
- 1 pot roast, rump roast, bottom round, etc., about 3 1/2 pounds
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 slice unpeeled lemon
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 large bay leaves
- 6 whole peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 12 gingersnaps, crumbled
- Place meat in deep non-reactive container. Combine water, vinegar, onion, lemon, cloves, bay leaves, pepper, salt, and sugar. Pour over meat.
- Cover and refrigerate roast for 12 to 24 hours; turn several times during marinating.
- Place beef in slow cooker; pour 1 cup of the marinade over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Place meat on serving platter.
- Strain meat juices and return to pot. Turn to high.
- Stir in gingersnaps; cover and cook on high for about 15 minutes.
- Pour sauce over meat.
You Might Also Like These Pot Roast Recipes:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||41 g|
|Saturated Fat||15 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||18 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|