These slow cooker fajitas are amazing! Flank steak is cooked in the crock pot with seasonings then served in tortillas with tomatoes and optional toppings. We used skirt steak in this recipe and the results were excellent.
The flank steak is cut up and slow cooked to perfection with onions, peppers, garlic, and seasonings. Chopped fresh or canned tomatoes are also added to the beef mixture.
Garnish the fajitas with fresh chopped cilantro, sour cream or guacamole, chopped tomatoes, and shredded cheese.
- 1 1/2 pounds beef flank steak
- 1 large onion (quartered and sliced)
- 1 sweet bell pepper (cut into thin slices)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup tomatoes (diced)
- 12 flour tortillas
- Optional toppings: sour cream, guacamole, shredded Mexican blend cheese, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, salsa, sliced olives
Gather the ingredients.
Cut flank steak into 6 or 8 pieces. Put the beef in the slow cooker and add the sliced onion, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, garlic, chili powder, ground cumin, ground coriander, and salt. Add the diced tomatoes and stir to blend ingredients.
Cover the pot and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, or until the beef is tender and can be shredded easily.
Remove beef from slow cooker and shred. Return meat to slow cooker and stir.
For the fajitas, spread meat mixture onto warm flour tortillas and add your favorite toppings.
Serve and enjoy!
- After shredding the steak, toss it with 1 tablespoon each of lime juice and olive oil and let it marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.