This easy rhubarb crisp is cooked in the slow cooker. The strawberry rhubarb filling is topped with a simple brown sugar and oat crumb mixture. Use fresh rhubarb and strawberries in the recipe.
Serve the dessert hot from the slow cooker with whipped cream or ice cream.
- 3 cups rhubarb (diced)
- 3 cups strawberries (chopped)
- 2/3 cup sugar (granulated)
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel (grated)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- For the Crumb Topping:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (ground)
- 1/2 cup butter (cold)
- Lightly butter the bottom and sides of a medium slow cooker.
- Combine the diced rhubarb and chopped strawberries with 2/3 cup sugar, lemon peel, and cornstarch in the slow cooker. Blend well.
- In a bowl combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the strawberry rhubarb mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 hours, or until the rhubarb is tender.
- Serve with whipped topping or ice cream.
Serves 4 to 6.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|