This recipe for crockpot Swedish meatballs is all about convenience. Prepared gravy and frozen meatballs eliminate most of the work, and the results are delicious.
The easy slow cooker Swedish meatballs are made with a non-traditional sour cream sauce. The meatballs are served with egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
You may substitute heavy cream for the sour cream if you prefer a more traditional flavor, and serve them with boiled potatoes and lingonberry jam.
- 1 pound sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 jars (12 ounces each) beef gravy or 3 cups prepared brown gravy
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 pounds frozen meatballs, thawed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 12 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained, or prepared mashed potatoes
- Sauté mushrooms in butter until tender.
- In crockpot, combine the sauteed mushrooms, gravy, onion, Worcestershire sauce, and allspice. Stir meatballs into the sauce.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Gradually stir about 1/2 cup of the hot gravy mixture into the sour cream. Stir the sour cream mixture into the slow cooker mixture and cook for 10 minutes longer, or until hot.
- Serve the meatballs and sauce over hot buttered noodles. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|