|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 to 8|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 35g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||10%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These crock pot sweet and sour country-style ribs are made with meaty pork ribs, pineapple, bell peppers, and a flavorful sweet and sour sauce. Chunks of pineapple and strips of bell pepper and onion help to flavor these easy pork ribs and the sauce is a simply seasoned mixture of tomato sauce, vinegar, and brown sugar. This recipe uses boneless country-style ribs, but you could use spare ribs, bone-in country-style ribs, or pork chops in the dish as well.
These pork ribs are delicious served over hot cooked rice and cooked frozen peas or broccoli. Add a little chili paste (sambal) or crushed red pepper to spice the sauce up a bit.
- 3 to 4 pounds country-style ribs (boneless pork ribs)
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks (undrained)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 cup thickly sliced green pepper
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
Arrange the boneless pork ribs in the slow cooker or in a slow cooker cooking bag.
In a bowl, whisk together the tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in the pineapple chunks with juice, sliced onion, green bell pepper, and garlic.
Pour the sauce over the ribs in the slow cooker.
Cover and cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, or on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Add some crushed red pepper flakes or sambal chili sauce if you like a little heat.
- Add a thinly sliced or julienne-cut carrot to the sauce mixture.
- Make the dish with pork chops, cubes of pork loin, or lean pork shoulder.
- Instead of pork, try boneless chicken thighs in this dish.