|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 servings (6 portions)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 24g||31%|
|Saturated Fat 6g||31%|
|Total Carbohydrate 62g||22%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||18%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This slow-cooker turkey and rice casserole is a nice way to use leftover turkey, and it's easy to prepare and cook. Just combine the leftover turkey with rice, condensed soup, and water or broth and slow cook to perfection. The vegetables are added about 20 to 30 minutes before the dish is done. Feel free to sprinkle some shredded cheese over the mixture when you add the vegetables.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounces) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups converted long-grain white rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup celery (thinly sliced)
- 2 to 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried onion (minced)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (or peas and carrots)
- Garnish: shredded cheese (cheddar, cheddar Jack, or havarti)
Gather the ingredients.
Combine soup and water in the slow cooker. Stir to blend well.
Stir in the uncooked rice, celery, diced turkey, poultry seasoning, and dried onion.
Cover and cook on high for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on low for about 5 hours.
About 20 to 30 minutes before the dish is done and the rice is just tender—it will be mushy if cooked too long—thaw the vegetables in a colander under cold running water.
Add the vegetables to the rice and turkey mixture.
If desired, top with some shredded cheese and continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!