This slow cooker turkey and rice casserole is a nice way to use leftover turkey, and it's easy to prepare and cook. Just combine the leftover turkey with rice, condensed soup, and water or broth and slow cook to perfection. The vegetables are added about 20 to 30 minutes before the dish is done.
Feel free to sprinkle some shredded cheese over the mixture when you add the vegetables.
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups converted long-grain white rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup celery (thinly sliced)
- 2 to 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon dried onion (minced)
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (or peas and carrots)
- Garnish: shredded cheese (cheddar, cheddar-jack, or havarti)
- Combine soup and water in slow cooker. Stir to blend well.
- Stir in the uncooked rice, celery, diced turkey, poultry seasoning, and dried minced onion.
- Cover and cook on high for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on low for about 5 hours.
- About 20 to 30 minutes before the dish is done and the rice is just tender — it will be mushy if cooked too long — thaw the vegetables in a colander under cold running water. Add the vegetables to the rice and turkey mixture. If desired, top with some shredded cheese. Use cheddar, cheddar-jack, or havarti cheese. Continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes.
More Turkey Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||24 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|