This apple brown betty is a snap to put together in the slow cooker. It's wonderful served warm with whipped cream or whipped topping. Add a sprinkling of cinnamon sugar to the whipped cream. Or serve the dessert with a scoop of ice cream.
It's a mouthwatering mixture of sliced apples, bread cubes, spices, brown sugar, and butter.
- 3 pounds cooking apples, Rome, Granny Smith, Jonathan, etc.
- 10 slices of bread, cubed, about 4 cups of bread cubes
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Butter the bottom and sides of the crockery insert of a slow cooker.
- Wash the apples and then peel them. Core the apples and slice each into 8 wedges. You should have about 7 or 8 cups of sliced apples.
- Place the apple slices in the prepared crock pot.
- In a bowl, combine the bread cubes with cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, brown sugar, and melted butter; toss together.
- Place the bread cubes on top of apples in crock.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 2 1/2 to 4 hours.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|