Crock pot baked beans. Navy beans are cooked until tender and then they are finished in the slow cooker with a ketchup and molasses mixture.
Crock Pot Great Northern Beans
- 1 pound dry navy beans
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Put the beans in a large saucepan with about 6 cups of water. Let stand for 1 hour.
- Place the pan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, or until the beans are tender. Add more water if needed to keep the beans covered.
- In a bowl, combine the onion, ketchup, brown sugar, water, mustard, and molasses.
- Drain the beans well and mix with the ketchup mixture in the crockpot. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours. Add salt about 30 minutes before serving time. Stir occasionally.
More Slow Cooker Beans
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|