This is a tasty slow cooker macaroni and cheese recipe, made with just a few ingredients in the slow cooker or crock pot.
When the macaroni and cheese is done, feel free to spoon into a baking dish, top with a little more cheese, and put under the broiler for a minute or two for that "homemade from the oven" look.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter (for greasing the slow cooker)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) sharp Cheddar cheese or a Cheddar blend (shredded)
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Cook the macaroni in boiling salted water following package directions. Drain in a colander and rinse with hot water. Drain well.
- Generously butter the sides and bottom of a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker (I use about 2 tablespoons of butter).
- Combine the macaroni with the remaining ingredients in the slow cooker and blend well. Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours. Gently stir the mixture each hour.
- If desired, spoon the cooked macaroni and cheese mixture into a baking dish, sprinkle with a little more cheese, and put under the broiler for a minute or 2, just until cheese is melted. Or cover it with buttered bread crumbs and broil to brown.
More Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||37 g|
|Saturated Fat||21 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|