|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 37g||48%|
|Saturated Fat 21g||104%|
|Total Carbohydrate 19g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||6%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is a tasty slow cooker macaroni and cheese recipe, made with just a few ingredients in the slow cooker or crockpot.
When the macaroni and cheese is done, feel free to spoon into a baking dish, top with a little more cheese, and put under the broiler for a minute or two for that "homemade from the oven" look.
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter (for greasing the slow cooker)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups/8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese (or a cheddar blend, shredded)
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
Cook the macaroni in boiling salted water following package directions.
Drain in a colander and rinse with hot water. Drain well.
Generously butter the sides and bottom of a 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker.
Combine the macaroni with the remaining ingredients in the slow cooker and blend well.
Cover the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours. Gently stir the mixture each hour.
Serve and enjoy!
Glass Bakeware Warning
Do not use glass bakeware when broiling or when a recipe calls to add liquid to a hot pan, as glass may explode. Even if it states oven-safe or heat resistant, tempered glass products can, and do, break occasionally.
- If desired, spoon the cooked macaroni and cheese mixture into a baking dish, sprinkle with a little more cheese, and put under the broiler for a minute or 2, just until cheese is melted. Or cover it with buttered bread crumbs and broil to brown.
More Macaroni and Cheese Recipes