This simple and flavorful recipe for Crockpot BBQ Pinto Beans is perfect as a side dish for a juicy grilled steak.
- 1 lb. dried pinto beans
- 3 cups water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 18 oz. bottle barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup molasses or honey
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
1. Sort beans, rinse and drain. Cover with water and let stand, covered, overnight.
2. The next morning, drain the beans again and rinse them.
3. Combine beans, 3 cups water, onion, barbecue sauce, molasses, and pepper in 4 quart crockpot.
4. Cover crockpot and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until beans are tender. If you have a newer crockpot that cooks hotter, check at 7 hours and stir the beans once at the halfway point.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||12 g|