This beef and bean dish makes a delicious meal with hot baked cornbread, and it also makes a nice side dish for a barbecue.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 12 ounces bacon (diced)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 (16 ounces each) cans pork and beans
- 1 (15 to 16 ounces) can kidney beans (drained)
- 1 (15 to 16 ounces) can butter limas (drained)
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Gather the ingredients.
Brown ground beef in a skillet
Drain off fat and put beef in slow cooker/crock pot.
Brown bacon and onions.
Drain off fat from the bacon and onions.
Add bacon, onions and remaining ingredients to slow cooker/crock pot.
Stir together well.
Cover and cook on low 4 to 9 hours.
Serve and enjoy!
Cynthia's Notes: I usually use about 1-1/2 LB ground chuck and I use 1 LB of bacon. This increases the amount so I can freeze for another meal.