- 1 1/2 pounds round steak (cut into 1-inch cubes) or lean stew beef
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons lard or butter
- 4 or more green chile peppers (seeded, chopped), a mixture, mild, hot, your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup tomatillo (crushed)
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- Dash of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Garnish: fresh cilantro or parsley (chopped)
Dust beef with flour. Brown the beef with onion and garlic in lard or butter. Combine mixture in slow cooker with chili peppers, oregano, cumin, and tomatillos, and 1/2 cup of beef stock (or water). Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours.
Garnish with cilantro or parsley, if desired, and serve with warm flour tortillas or spoon over rice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||8 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|