|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 3-4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||39%|
|Total Carbohydrate 35g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This beef stew recipe calls for green chili, tomatillos, and onion and you can cook it in your crock pot. Scroll down to see more beef stew recipes.
- 1 1/2 pounds round steak (cut into 1-inch cubes) or lean stew beef
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons lard or butter
- 4 or more green chile peppers (seeded, chopped), a mixture, mild, hot, your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup tomatillo (crushed)
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- Dash of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Garnish: fresh cilantro or parsley (chopped)
Dust beef with flour.
Brown the beef with onion and garlic in lard or butter.
Combine mixture in slow cooker with chili peppers, oregano, cumin, and tomatillos, and 1/2 cup of beef stock (or water).
Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Cover and cook on low seven to nine hours.
Garnish with cilantro or parsley, if desired, and serve with warm flour tortillas or spoon over rice.