|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 3-4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 22g||28%|
|Saturated Fat 8g||39%|
|Total Carbohydrate 35g||13%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||14%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This beef stew recipe calls for green chili, tomatillos, and onion and you can cook it in your crock pot. Scroll down to see more beef stew recipes.
- 1 1/2 pounds round steak (cut into 1-inch cubes) or lean stew beef
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons lard or butter
- 4 or more green chile peppers (seeded, chopped), a mixture, mild, hot, your choice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup tomatillo (crushed)
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- Dash of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Garnish: fresh cilantro or parsley (chopped)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Dust beef with flour. Brown the beef with onion and garlic in lard or butter. Combine mixture in slow cooker with chili peppers, oregano, cumin, and tomatillos, and 1/2 cup of beef stock (or water). Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cover and cook on low 7 to 9 hours.
- Garnish with cilantro or parsley, if desired, and serve with warm flour tortillas or spoon over rice.