This beef curry is easy to prepare and cooks all day in the slow cooker. Curry powder and some Creole seasoning flavors the stew, and you probably have the ingredients on hand. Tomatoes small white onions make this beef stew a hearty, satisfying dinner.
Serve this tasty beef curry with rice or noodles and a tossed salad.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds lean stew beef or other lean beef, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 4 teaspoons curry powder, or to taste
- 1 jar (about 12 ounces) small white onions, drained, or frozen pearl onions
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- In a food storage bag or shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, Creole seasoning, and garlic powder; toss beef with the mixture.
- Add the coated beef to the skillet along with the sliced onions. Cook, stirring, for about 4 to 6 minutes, or until beef is browned and onions are tender.
- Transfer the beef and onions mixture to a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Pour beef broth into the skillet and scrape up any browned bits. Pour over the beef and onions in the slow cooker.
- Add tomatoes and stir in curry powder and small white onions.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|