|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4-6 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||17%|
|Total Carbohydrate 25g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This would make a great beef stew for St. Patrick's Day, though it can be enjoyed any time of the year. But what makes it a good choice for St, Patrick's Day is that it's lower in fat than a corned beef dinner.
- 1 pound white potatoes (peeled and quartered)
- 1 medium onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups carrots (sliced)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 stalks celery (sliced)
- 3/4 pound lean stewing beef (trimmed)
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water (or broth)
- 3/4 cup fat-free, low-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup red wine
Gather the ingredients.
Place potato pieces in the bottom of a 4-quart crockpot, followed by other vegetables.
Add beef on top.
Sprinkle herbs and add bay leaf.
Combine the cornstarch and water together and add it to the broth.
Then pour over meat and vegetables, followed by the red wine.
Cook on low for 6 hours.