|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 Pot (4 to 6 Servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12g||15%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||22%|
|Total Carbohydrate 31g||11%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||17%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This beef stew with vegetables is cooked in the crockpot, with onion soup mix, carrots and potatoes, seasonings, and other ingredients.
Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar help to flavor the stew, along with the onion soup mix and a seasoned salt blend.
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. stew beef
- 4 to 5 medium potatoes (peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks)
- 4 carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (6 ounces) can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 or 2 strips of bacon (cooked and crumbled, or 1 tablespoon real bacon bits)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 cups water
Place beef in a 3 1/2 to the 5-quart slow cooker or crockpot. Add cut up potatoes and carrots.
In a saucepan, place all remaining ingredients, except peas, and heat over medium heat until simmering. Remove from heat and pour over meat and vegetables.
Cover and cook on LOW for about 9 to 12 hours (or HIGH 5 to 6 hours). Add more water if necessary.
Add peas about 20 to 30 minutes before the stew is done.