Using the Crockpot to make breakfast is one of the smartest, easiest ways to enjoy a hot breakfast.
And this Crockpot breakfast casserole is fancy enough to serve to company for a special occasion breakfast or brunch.
Just put everything in the Crockpot at night, and wake up to this delicious Crockpot breakfast casserole in the morning.
- 32 ounce frozen hash browns with onions and peppers
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1/2 pound regular bacon or vegetarian bacon (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 6-8 drops hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Spray the slow cooker stoneware with cooking spray.
- Place hash browns in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with diced red pepper.
- If using, cook bacon until crisp. Crumble on top of the diced red pepper.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour evenly over the mixture in the Crockpot.
- Cook on low 10-12 hours.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||110 g|
|Saturated Fat||41 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||43 g|
|Dietary Fiber||9 g|