Using the Crockpot to make breakfast is one of the smartest, easiest ways to enjoy a hot breakfast.
And this Crockpot breakfast casserole is fancy enough to serve to company for a special occasion breakfast or brunch.
Just put everything in the Crockpot at night, and wake up to this delicious Crockpot breakfast casserole in the morning.
- 32 ounce frozen hash browns with onions and peppers
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1/2 pound regular bacon or vegetarian bacon (optional)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6-8 drops hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
Spray the slow cooker stoneware with cooking spray.
Place hash browns in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with diced red pepper.
If using, cook bacon until crisp. Crumble on top of the diced red pepper.
Top with cheddar cheese.
Whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour evenly over the mixture in the Crockpot.
Cook on low 10-12 hours.