Honey and butter give these sweet potatoes extra flavor, and they're easy to make in the slow cooker.
- 4 to 5 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes, about 8 to 10 cups
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- Juice and finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Dash nutmeg
- Lightly grease the crockery; arrange sweet potato cubes in the slow cooker.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and heat in the microwave or on the stovetop in a saucepan.
- Stir to blend and pour mixture over the sweet potato cubes.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, until potatoes are tender.
More Sweet Potato Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|