Crock-pot chicken and shrimp Alfredo is an elegant slow cooker recipe with vegetables, chicken, and shrimp in a creamy Alfredo sauce. It's delicious served over hot cooked rice or pasta.
Chicken and shrimp are mild in flavor and pair together very well. Lots of veggies, thyme, and basil add color and flavor to this recipe. Pair it with a crisp and cool green salad or a fresh fruit salad, along with some dinner rolls or savory scones.
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 (16-ounce) bag baby carrots
- 1 green bell pepper (sliced)
- 3 chicken breasts (boneless and skinless, cut into pieces)
- 1 (16-ounce) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 (16-ounce) package shrimp (frozen, fully cooked, and thawed)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 (16-ounce) package spaghetti (or linguine)
In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, combine the onion, garlic, carrots, bell pepper, and chicken breasts.
Pour the Alfredo sauce over all.
Pour the milk into the Alfredo sauce jar along with the thyme, salt, pepper, and basil. Close tightly, and shake vigorously to get all of the sauce out of the jar. Pour this mixture into the slow cooker and stir gently.
Cover the crock pot, and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, or until chicken is cooked to 165 F and the vegetables are tender.
Add the shrimp to the slow cooker. Stir gently, cover, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the shrimp are hot and tender.
Stir in the Parmesan cheese, and serve immediately over hot cooked pasta.
- You could use boneless, skinless chicken thighs in this recipe. The cooking time will be longer, closer to 6 to 7 hours. Always cook chicken to an internal temperature of 165 F for food safety.
- If the sauce isn't thick enough for your tastes, mix 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons milk, and add that at the same time you add the shrimp.