|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Serves 4 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Total Carbohydrate 24g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||18%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
While chicken thighs are not as low fat as chicken breasts, they are perfect for the slow cooker, becoming meltingly tender as they cook. Be sure to choose skinless chicken thighs and trim any excess fat before cooking.
Per Serving: Calories 271, calories from cat 46, total fat 5g (sat 1.1g), cholesterol 94mg, sodium 163mg, carbohydrate 29.4g, fiber 6g, protein 26.9g
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 large leek (white part only, cleaned and sliced)
- 1 8-ounce pack mushrooms (sliced)
- 8 ounces baby carrots
- 2 medium red potatoes (cut into chunks)
- 1 large stalk of celery (sliced)
- 1 pound chicken thighs (boneless, skinless)
- 1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
Coat bottom and sides of a 4-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Place vegetables in the pot.
Trim chicken thighs of excess fat and cut into pieces.
Add chicken to the pot, followed by herbs, crushed tomatoes, and chicken broth.
Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.