These chicken wings are a snap to fix, and they cook nearly hands-free in the slow cooker. The simple sauce of honey, garlic, and ginger is always a hit, and it would make a great stir-fry sauce to use with other dishes. If you like more heat in your wings, add some garlic chili paste (sambal, found in the Asian food section), Sriracha sauce, or crushed red pepper flakes.
Dress these wings up with a garnish of sesame seeds, cilantro, or sliced green onions.
If you wonder how you'll like the wings, read some of the comments below the recipe.
Click Play to See This Easy Crockpot Wings Recipe Come Together
- 12 to 18 whole chicken wings
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Optional: thinly sliced green onion tops, sesame seeds, or chopped fresh cilantro
Gather the ingredients.
With kitchen shears, cut off the tips off of the chicken wings.
Cut each trimmed wing into two pieces at the joint.
If you keep a freezer bag with trimmings and scraps for chicken stock, add the wing tips to that. Otherwise, discard them.
Put the wings in the crockery insert of the slow cooker.
In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, thinly sliced green onions, honey, and vegetable oil.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
Garnish the wings with sesame seeds, chopped cilantro, or diagonally sliced green onion tops, if desired.
Serve and enjoy!
- Take the slow cooker with wings along to a tailgating party or potluck. Set the slow cooker on LOW for serving.
- Ensure they are fully cooked and keep them hot while transporting.
- Replace the ground ginger with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh grated ginger root.
- Replace 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil with 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame oil.
- Add some Asian chili sauce (sambal or similar) for heat.
- If you want to try turkey instead, try this Crock pot Turkey Wings recipe.