Smoked paprika gives the chicken a delicious, smoky flavor. This is an easy one-pot meal to prepare for the slow cooker.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 pounds small white potatoes, peeled and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium carrots, cut in chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut in thin wedges
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes or 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons Spanish smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Dash salt
- Dash cumin
Gather ingredients. Combine potatoes, carrots, and onion wedges in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker with parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the melted butter; toss.
Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter with the smoked paprika, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, honey, a dash of salt, and a dash of cumin. Rub chicken breasts with the paprika mixture; arrange on vegetables.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours, or on LOW for 7 to 9 hours, until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.